Monday 30 July 2012

to edinburgh

Whoops, looks like my phone didn't actually post any words in this post.

Basically, I went to Edinburgh for a week to see the beginning of the Fringe Festival, which is an internationally known festival that started off as an alternative to the Edinburgh International Festival. But it has grown way beyond that, and has become huge. Known mostly for its comedy, which is what I went to see.

And I happened to be there for the Beltane Fire Society's Lughnasadh celebration, so I went for the first night. Sadly, as it was camping out in the country side, I couldn't be there for the Saturday, as I had a bus at 9 AM on Sunday. So I went to Glasgow instead, to see my friend Megan, at a Couchsurfing meetup. Interestingly, the meetup was in a vegan pub! I didn't even know they had vegan pubs in Glasgow. You learn something new every day.

And then I went back to Edinburgh, ending up in the middle of town at 1:30 AM trying to get a night bus back to my friend's house, where I had been staying. It was difficult, since all the timetables and maps had been removed from bus stops because of the tramworks. I ended up on Princes Street among a crowd of confused tourists trying to find their hotels. Thankfully a bus employee was also on hand to tell people when their bus was arriving at the stop, and I got to somewhere approximately near where I was supposed to be.

So I didn't get much sleep that weekend! And then I had an eight hour bus ride back to London, which had only cost me £1, as I booked early. Hooray.

Now I'm just wondering what to do next. Getting a job would be nice. As would raising enough money to go somewhere, possibly the US. I've been looking at jobs doing modeling for art classes, I've still got a plan to study for an English teaching certification.

No comments:

Post a Comment